Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The powers of injustice

Are among those who are fascinated with the powers of injustice and evil in this world? Why is that evil person seem to be more powerful and receive all divine blessings? I have always wondered why God allows people like Mugabe in Zimbabwe Saddam Husein in Iraq to continue oppressing God's people. But have we forgotten about the Nazis? Well, injustice does not win no matter how long it might take. Remember that God is on the side of the oppressed and will fight for them. He will bring the powers of injustice to justice in his own time.
At times I fail to make sense of Jesus' words, "pray for your enemies and for those who persecute you." Does this mean that I should pray for them to continue persecuting me? Not at all. I pray for their change of heart. I pray that they may change and turn away from evil. I prayed for Mugabe just as I pray for George Bush. I pray for Osama just as I prayed for Saddam Hussein. Not that they may continue with their violent ways but that they might come to realize that life is sacred and it must must be protected at all costs. By the way, even the prophet Jeremiah struggled with this question. In case you do not know:

Jeremiah was a prophet

Who questioned why the unjust prosper

The question asked by millions

Who have suffered injustices?

Those words can hardly tell.

Some died, others are on death rows

In hopeless they ask

And nobody is there to give them a hearing

For the unjust are so powerful

And every word they say

Is believed throughout the world.

The unjust world trusts unjust words

For that is the only word the world knows

Which comes with power of injustice

And knows no boundaries.

But the just God knows it all

Wait until you see their injustice fails

and the powers of injustice are brought to justice

For God's justice is the end of injuctice.

No comments: